Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | Spotify | | More
Sermon by Rev. James Taiwo
The church has lost its first love. Why and where have we fallen?
- Cares of the world (They initially appear okay but quickly degenerate into spiritual pitfalls)
- Thirst for wealth
- People are afraid of persecution, peer pressure, and fear of unknown. Meanwhile, God withdraws his hands when people fail under whatever circumstance.
- “You have left your first love” (Revelation 2:1-4).
- “Why… because you have not kept sabbath day holy” (Isaiah 58:3-6).
- “The hands of the Lord is not too short to save” (Isaiah 59:1-2).
- “The eyes of the Lord move to and fro the earth so show himself strong on behalves of people that serve him” (2 Chronicles 16:9).
Don’t blame others: We Are All Causes Of Christian Failures!
- Church leadership
What Have We Promoted?
- Technological gadget vs Bible
- Cartoon Network vs Christian Education
- Fairy tales vs Bible stories
- Secular songs vs Memory verses
How can we go back to God?
Christians must have discipline.
- Cut out the unnecessary stuff, and
- Set our priority right
The parents can make their home a micro church and promote
- Singing Christian songs
- Family bible discussion
- Family prayer
- Make children play games with the Bible characters
Show note is available at bit.ly/christian-faith
Subscribe to this podcast here. Learn more at https://www.jamestaiwo.com/podcast-page/
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEWSLETTER Tags: African Praise Songs Mp3 Download, christian discipline, Christian Education And Church Growth, Christian Education In Nigeria, Christian Education In The Church, christian living, Christian principle, devotion, download hosanna funmi taiwo, Faith, Faith in God, Instructions to Christians, true christianity
God required believers to stay clear of ungodly association that can damage our relationship with him.
The scripture emphasized,
“Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial?
Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols?
For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be my people.”
Therefore “Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you.” “I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, Says the Lord Almighty” (2 Corinthians 6:14-18 NKJV).
Lesson on Relationship Keeping
God’s children must keep godly relationship. We are not allowed to keep relationship that may negatively influence us and cause us to sin against God.
We are only allowed to keep relationship that can improve our standing with God.
Also, whatever we consider as relationship must add virtues to our lives.
Since we Christians are heavenly bound people, we cannot only afford to interact with people who do not celebrate bible principles.
We must share godly values with our friends; our view of God and his principles must be the same!
We Christians must always remember that God’s treasured gift of salvation is too valuable to trade for any temporal earthly friendship.
Jehovah will honor and bless us if we jealously protect his principles.
Prayer of Grace to Imbibe Discipline Attitude
Dear God, I understand that I am a child of light and I must not associate with children of darkness.
Therefore, I ask you to help me maintain a discipline attitude and not make friendship with worldly people.
Help me to comply with your goodly standard that will keep me qualified for your blessings.
For in the name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen. Tags: Christian principle, disciplined attitude, Godly relationship, lesson from 2 Corinthians