Everyone (including Christians) is prone to the temptation of pride.
Children of God must take extra caution not to fall into the pitfall.
Every child of God must cautiously make efforts not to fall for Satan’s trick of self-pride!
No doubt that Satan – the enemy of righteousness – would first attempt pride as an attack tool to make a successful Christian stumble into sin.
The enemy would tempt a Christian to be self-focus and/or be self-gratifying without the consciousness of glorifying God. (A practice considered detestable to God).
Instead of anyone becoming obsessive about his (or her) achievement, he should make efforts to divert due glory to God.
A good Christian will divert people’s attention to God under whatever circumstance!
It is un-disputable fact to state that no one can successfully make anything happen without the help of God.
“…A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven” (John 3:27 KJV)
Christians to learn from Apostle Paul (in the bible); with the use of his personal experience, he analyzed how Satan can manipulate anyone into pride – through his personal achievements.
“…And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
Concerning this thing, I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me,
“My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me” (2 Corinthians 12:7-9).
Summary Lesson on Humility vs Pride
- God created humanity to depend on him. He wants us to look up to him for our needed help.
- God does not want us to be self-gratifying or be self-sufficient.
- Satan will attempt to make anyone be obsessed with his achievements without the consciousness of glorifying God.
- God wants us to gratify our success to him – Even if our personal efforts are involved.
To Be Reminded Of Christians’ Need To Take Caution
- The flesh wants self-gratification. We must not allow it.
- Satan wants us to choose the pathway of pride to trip and fall. We must not allow him.
- God dislikes any gratification that voids the praise of his name. We must give God his due honor.
- Christians must yield to the leadership of the Holy Spirit and refuse to satisfy the desires of self.
Don’t get confused about Pride
- It is important to note there is nothing bad in taking pride in achievement if due honor is given to God.
- Pride of achievement is only considered erratic when a person pretends he has earned his success without God’s help.
- God wants to take pride out of us to bless us more.
- God wants to demonstrate to everyone around that he is the brain behind our success.
A thoughtful believer will honor God for his/her achievement.
Will you pray for the grace to do so?
Prayer of Grace to Practice Humility Before God
Dear God, please make me a Christian that appreciates you for my achievements.
Give me the grace to appreciate your help in everything I do.
Enable me with the courage to honor you over my achievement so that you can be happy with me, and be motivated to bless me more.
Empower me through your Holy Spirit to live a pleasant life before you always.
For in the name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.
Subscribe for our newsletter
Tags: Bible Lesson On Pride Vs Humility, Christian Quotes On Pride, Examples Of Pride Vs Humility, gratitude, holiness, humility, lesson on 2 Corinthians, pride, Trumpet Media