A psalmist lamented and voiced his concerns as he witnessed how wicked people prospered on earth.
The man thought God was partial to have allowed the prosperity of such evil people. However, God opened his eyes to reality as he confessed,
“When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny.
Surely you place them on slippery ground; you cast them down to ruin. How suddenly are they destroyed, completely swept away by terrors!
They are like a dream when one awakes; when you arise, Lord, you will despise them as fantasies” (Psalm 73:16-20 NIV).
Become Rich In God’s Way: Pursue Honest Riches
Children of God are to focus on receiving their riches from God, and not to envy the wicked people.
Wicked people may prosper today but their prosperity would remain temporal – They will not last, but soon vanish.
Become Rich In God’s Way: Why?
- The prosperity of the righteous people will last a lifetime – It will also abide in heaven.
- The prosperity of the righteous people will be inheritable.
- God will spare their descendants to enjoy the benefits of their labor!
People who have made their choice to pursue righteous riches and serve God well should not hesitate their efforts, since they will receive better and lasting success from God.
“Who is the man that fears the Lord? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses. He himself shall dwell in prosperity, And his descendants shall inherit the earth” (Psalm 25:12-13 NKJV)).
Pray To Become Rich In God’s Way
Dear God please give me grace to pursue riches that come from you!
- Let my efforts be effective towards righteousness.
- Do not let me envy the wicked people, or follow their footsteps.
- Let my efforts glorify your name in this life to receive abiding success and also qualify for your eternal blessings in heaven.
Please do these things and more for me!
For in the name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.Bible Lesson On Pride Vs Humility, Charley Pride Christian Songs, Christian Struggling With Pride, God's blessing, lesson on psalm, lover of righteousness, personal achievement, pride, riches, Sermons On Pride Vs Humility