Many people live their lives to please others. They are obsessed with what people think of them. They are very cautious about their way of life because they want everyone to praise them. Some even give up on their goal because they feel if they fail, there are a lot of people waiting to criticize them.
Let me put this straight to you – whether you fail or succeed, people will always see fault in you. It isn’t because of your flaws, but because that is the nature of man.
Sometimes, people will lash their tongues because they are jealous of you.
The real purpose of your living isn’t to please others. It’s just embracing that person you are and walking the path where your passion and desire lead!
If you live your life in such a way to avoid judgment and criticism, your journey will be full of aggravating moments. And this will lead to depression. When you start seeing these signs, it means you have put off those things that your soul yearns for.
You should always expect criticism because people don’t understand your journey. The real person who truly knows your life journey is you, and the real person who can be inspired to live it appropriately is you!
Sometimes, some criticisms are good for us. There are times when we need them in order not to forget who we are.
We can’t ignore people’s opinions every time just because we don’t live our lives for them. Criticism can sometimes help us gain valuable insight into our actions and help us see those things we are missing.
Use these 14 tips to confront and overcome criticism
- Don’t take criticism personally
- Focus on the road, not the wall
- Don’t respond immediately
- Respond calmly
- Assess criticism and the critic
- Understand their point of view
- Respond on your terms
- Are they qualified to criticize you or your work?
- Step back to see the big picture
- Let go of your ego
- Look for the nugget of truth
- Shield yourself against unwanted negativity
- Practice to ignore criticism
- Leave, think, and return
Beat your critics with some proper actions. Get better and get stronger!
Latest posts by James Taiwo (see all)
- Jesus mandated Christian to evangelize #christianity #gospel #effort - April 5, 2020
- Covet Real Love: Love is the Principal Thing - April 4, 2020
- Unexpected Jesus – Victoria Acerta! (podcast) - March 27, 2020