Believers must trust God and have full assurance that he is in control of our lives.
Jehovah is ever present with his people; he will remain close to us and remain faithful to his promises in our lives.
The heavenly Father will ever remain present to cater for us (his children) in whatever circumstances of life we may be undergoing.
God will help us overcome problems.
God will move mountains and level valleys for as many that can completely trust him.
It is important that Christians trust God in every situation.
The scripture reminds us,
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea” (Psalm 46:1-2).
Some Challenges That Christians May Face in Trusting God
The call for Christians to trust God may sound easy, but it may be sometimes difficult to demonstrate.
Christians may be tempted to look somewhere else other than to God during afflictions.
However, no matter how difficult a situation may appear, believers must always remember that God is greater than our challenges.
Christians must be careful not to make irrational decision during our trying moments.
Believers must avoid the following factors:
- Temptation to focus on challenges
- Temptation to seek for quick fix solution (temporal solution)
- Temptation to live in pretense – (denial of a problem)
- Temptation to solely rely on human knowledge (which is limited)
Importance of Trusting God
As Christians, we must understand the greatness of our God and demonstrate strong faith in him (especially during our difficult moments).
We may not have money, material, or other resources needed to confront our tough situations, but we have God who has all things at his disposal.
He owns the whole world at the palm of his hands. He is in control of all situations, and therefore will neither leave nor forsake us at any moment.
Psalm 121 declares:
“I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep…the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.”
Some Facts that Christians Must Remember about Trusting in God
- We serve a conquering God. Our God is able to conquer all battles of life and award us victory!
There will be no mountain so high or a valley so low that he will not take care.
God can, and he will handle the “lows” and “highs” for his children.
He will make all things work together for the advantage of people that serve him!
- The purpose of God’s engagement in any situation is to glorify himself.
Since believers are his children, he will do the needful to honor himself in our lives.
That is, the Creator will fight and win battles for the sake of defending his interest in their lives.
- God has a plan for all situations. He is ever active.
The fact that a problem may exist does not mean our God is passive.
He works with his own schedule and he will ultimately help his children have victory at the appointed time.
Christians must continue to trust God in every circumstance, since the Creator will show up in due time to honor himself in our lives.
Examples of People Who Trusted God and Earned His Reward
- David trusted God and overcame Goliath (1 Samuel 17:41-47)
- Blind Bartimaeus trusted Jesus Christ and received his sight (Mark 10:46-52)
- Joseph trusted God for his dream and it became a reality (Genesis 37:1-44:9)
- Hannah trusted God in her barrenness state and bore a child (1 Samuel 1,2)
- Peter believed Jesus Christ and walked on water (Matthew 14:22-33)
- A widow trusted Jesus Christ and saw her son resurrected back to life (Luke 7:11-17)
- A widow of Zarephath trusted God and became rich overnight (1 Kings 17:7-16)
How to Trust God?
It may not be an easy choice for anyone to trust God during adversity but a good Christian must not consider it an impossible task.
There is no technicality in the process of trusting God.
What a believer must do is to read the word of God; meditate in it; confess it, and exercise it.
That is, as a Christian you must:
- Read the word of God and meditate in it – Read bible as if it applies to you.
- Confess the word of God that you read.
- Train your mind to think about God and his demonstrative power as learned in the bible.
- Think less of your problem, but focus more on God.
- The more your attention is placed on God, the lighter your problem will appear.
How To Appropriately Trust God
Anyone can be tempted to gauge his level of trust in God based on feelings.
However, such practice should be considered a “Nay” for a good Christian.
Christianity is not based on human roller coaster emotion. It is not based on feelings!
Christianity is based on faith. Believers don’t have to “feel” how they trust God!
The bible says,
“For we walk by faith, not by sight” (2 Corinthians 5:7 KJV)
All we have to do is to “live” in the word of God. This fact is validated in the bible stating,
“…But the just shall live by his faith” (Habakkuk 2:4; Hebrews 10:38).
A person who reads the word of God and declares it with faith is already living in trust.
To reaffirm: A believer who exercises trust does not depend on an emotional validation.
Christians must shift attention from their problems, and focus on God.
The bigger the Creator appears in our hearts, the lighter our problems will become.
“To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27 KJV).
Once the step of faith is exercised, the miracles of God will begin to happen.
A tough situation will take positive turns.
The light of God will take over, and darkness would disappear!
A child of God who exercises his trust in God will receive an expected deliverance and praise the name of God.
Prayer to Trust God In Every Situation
Dear God, I understand that you are God who is in charge of the whole world.
You are able to do all things, and nothing is beyond your power!
I ask that you give me power to trust you in every situation of my life.
Help me to rely on you for solution to my problems.
Please guide my thoughts and actions so that I can take appropriate steps that will earn me victory and lead to the glorification of your name.
Provide for all my needs, and earn me your testimony.
Please do these things and many more for me.
For in the name of Jesus Christ I pray.
Latest posts by James Taiwo (see all)
- Jesus powers unlimited to situation #needto #power #speak #is #visible #situation - November 10, 2019
- How Is Your Pastor Doing? - November 2, 2019
- Human tradition not a means of satisfying God #education #loveyou - November 1, 2019